Re: Ph.D.'s

Subject: Re: Ph.D.'s
From: Yvonne Harrison <yvonne -at- IHUG -dot- CO -dot- NZ>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 09:40:12 +1200

Steve -

> Because of this unfortunate example of gross generalization on your
> part, I can only conclude that all New Zealanders have a habit of making
> gross generalizations. For that reason, I hereby resolve never to hire
> anyone with the letters nz in their net domain.

Wow, did I catch you on a bad day or what? Lets put it this way - as
soon as I meet someone who can correct that generalization I'll be more
than happy to hire them. But so far I haven't... Although I am very
good friends with a BA in psychology who is a damn good tech writer and
really good at handling clients... (must be that psych degree that's
helping...)

As to not hiring anyone with .nz on their domain name... :-) Well
since its practically impossible to get into the USA to work (unless of
course, the green card gets obtained through marriage :-) I think you'll
be saved from the dreadful fate of having to turn someone away :-)

Yvonne :-)