Re: Mythhical Frame learning curve

Subject: Re: Mythhical Frame learning curve
From: Brian Martin <bmartin -at- NMO -dot- GTEGSC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 08:39:18 -0800

>I wonder if Frame's learning curve isn't more mythical than real
>nowadays....

I fear you shall meet the unicorn one day.

The FrameMaker learning curve is not mythical in my experience. I've created
and edited templates and gotten into some of the nitty-gritty of fixing
documents such as trouble shooting Tables of Contents that don't generate
properly. Some people don't get it all.

I frequently find myself assisting others who would otherwise spend hours
figuring something out and perhaps failing. Perhaps that's typical of any
software program that is at all complex.

Any intelligent person can learn Frame given time to read and think with a cool
head, and ability to use inductive reasoning and intuition.

I like Frame, too.