Re: scheduling

Subject: Re: scheduling
From: "Marlene J. Geary" <marlene -at- NECA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 22:49:14 -0500

At 12:31 PM 1/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Elizabeth Huth asked for " a simple and visual way of tracking how long
>documents takes to be researched, written, reviewed, and released.
>Simple so we won't spend all our time tracking instead of writing and
>visual so people in other departments can begin to understand the
>documentation process."
>
>I use a large dry-erase wall calendar (Plan-A-Month) that shows the
>whole year. Each project has its own color. Simple, visual, and VERY
>useful for planning. It supplements the greater detail in our individual MS
>Project (sigh.... BG strikes again!) files for each project. It's also good for
>flagging review dates.
>
>Since it's not high tech electronics, some managers might not approve.
>But then, I'm one of those types that likes writing with a pencil, too.
>
>Miki
>mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com

Someone else does this as well!! That's how we record how long the
development of each manual has taken...
However, we do have to enter our own data/scheduled completion dates into MS
Project, so our work will line up right along the development team's work.

We do, however, need a program to cost out the work the technical writing
group is doing. I think I saw mention of something in this list's
archives...I'm off to go find out!

Marlene