Windows Help List Server

Subject: Windows Help List Server
From: Mike Toogood <miket -at- KTGROUP -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 15:17:55 GMT

>> Before I do, I would appreciate hearing from anybody who has already
>> tried out the Beta MS HTML Help Workshop. ><snip>

>From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
>Mike (and anyone else who might be interested), there is a list
>devoted specifically to WinHelp issues. I've snipped the part about
>subscribing <snip>

Thanks Sue, I'm already lurking on that there list!

That list used to be mainly about Win Help, but the recent forest fire on
that list has made me apprehensive to post to it, let alone read it quickly
at work (sifting through flames, anti-flames, paranoias, sycophantic drivel
etc.)

BTW Is this list not for Win Help Issues - just for *technical
communication* ones?

( I thought, as a guy responsible for both on-line and hard-copy user
information that Windows Help was a mode of technical communication, and
the HTML help issue would be of great interest to those of us involved in
software documentation. )

I just wanted to try out my new Technical Communication list subscription to
see if people talk about anything other than Word vs. Framemaker (Is that a
WWF match?) or whether they or their competition have a degree or not!

Is this list normally frequented by people this pedantic?

How many Technical Communicators can dance on a pin-head?

Have a Nice Day (as you say)

Mike Toogood, Technical Author, RMS Services Ltd.
Part of the Knowledge Group.
miket -at- ktgroup -dot- co -dot- uk

_____ Phone UK (44) 0117 900 7566 ____

_________ Fax UK (44) 0117 900 7501 _____