Re: Bullets

Subject: Re: Bullets
From: "Kenneth M. Nuckols" <KNuck -at- BESTBUY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 10:28:16 -0600

At 03:00 PM 1/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
>This may be an easy question for others to answer, but my colleague and
>I have a disagreement regarding bullets.
>
>If you are using bullets to list instructions (in complete sentences)
>should you put a period at the end of those bulleted sentences?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Lisa

Lisa,

According to the resources I have, it's fine to put complete sentences
(including end punctuation) with bullets, but all the sources recommend
using bullets for non-sequential items. If you are giving instructions in
order, it may be better to number or letter them to indicate the sequence.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Standard Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in the preceding are
those of the author only. They do not reflect the corporate policies
or opinions of the author's employer.
Kenneth Nuckols Best Buy Co., Inc.
Corporate Trainer 7075 Flying Cloud Dr.
Eden Prarie, MN 55344
Ph: (612) 947-2518 FAX: (612) 996-4242

"I am Ed McMahon of Borg: You may have already been assimilated!"
--Anonymous