Titles for Technical Writers

Subject: Titles for Technical Writers
From: Michael Barwick <mbarwick -at- RCI -dot- ROGERS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 13:49:00 -0500

Greetings Everyone . . .

I've been lurking for a few months but until today, I've never felt it
necessary to participate in the discussion.

I have a question. I am presently working at my first official
technical writer contract and it appears my employer will offer me a
full-time permanent position. My supervisor asked me to come up with
some options for a title for my job and also inquired as to titles for
different levels of technical writers. When I was hired, I was hired
with the title Technical Writer.

What titles exist for technical writers other than Technical Writer?
How common is it for technical writers of different levels of experience
to be given titles such as Junior, Intermediate or Senior Technical
Writer? Are there other alternatives?

Thanks for your attention,

Michael Barwick <mbarwick -at- rci -dot- rogers -dot- com>