Knowing prog. lang. +s to a TW's $?

Subject: Knowing prog. lang. +s to a TW's $?
From: "Dana B. Mackonis" <writer -at- JLC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:28:17 -0500

I have found that many comnpanies in the Greater Boston area are requiring
tech writers to be able to read code and document from the programmers
coding. Their version of technical is really technical.

There is a job floating around up here now where they want a course
developer to work on a database product. The fact that I had 11 years
systems analyst experience and my last "real" job was as a database
administrator was not technical enough for them. They wanted to know if
I had specifically written any docs or programs that used this one type of
relational database.

So to answer the question, I think it can add to your hourly rate, but at
this point, I want to write docs, not read code and create code examples.
I would have staying programming to do this.

dana b mackonis '-.-' writer -at- jlc -dot- net