File Type Converter

Subject: File Type Converter
From: Jonathan Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 14:40:17 -0400

I am looking for a utility for the PC similar to RESEDIT on the MAC that allows you to modify the type and creator of a file.

I received a MAC-created Pagemaker 6.0 file as an email attachment. I have Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 95. When I try to open the file, I get an error indicating that I can't go cross platform and upgrade to a newer version simultaneously.

This annoys me because this is an ongoing affair with all application manufacturers who claim x-platform compatibility.

Your help is appreciated,

Jon Leer
Leer Technical Communications
Publisher of "Communicator Tools" magazine.