Resources for learning online documentation?

Subject: Resources for learning online documentation?
From: Chuck Beck <cbeck -at- BGNET -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 20:49:57 -0500

Esteemed colleagues,

I am doing an independent study this semester on online documentation. I am
starting with William Horton's _Designing and Writing Online Documentation_,
which has been recommended to me by many people. In looking at the Preface
and the Table of Contents, however, I noted that it does not teach the
"how-to" aspects of writing online documentation. It seems to deal
primarily with the design issues--a good start.

But I want as well to get some real experience writing online documentation
before I graduate this spring. Can anybody recommend a good resource (print
or online) that teaches the mechanics of writing online documentation? I am
interested in doing a project in the Windows 95 environment.

TIA for the help.

Regards to all,
Chuck Beck
cbeck -at- bgnet -dot- bgsu -dot- edu