Re: DOS color palette

Subject: Re: DOS color palette
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 09:36:41 -0800

It's simple to get the RGB value for any color if you are using Windows.
Select custom colors from Display in the Control Panel. As you move your
cursor over the colors, the RGB values will be displayed. You can *very*
easily convert them to HEX by using the Windows calculator.

Subject: DOS color palette
Author: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- explorers -dot- com> at SMTP Date: 1/14/97 9:24 AM

I am looking for the RGB values of the standard DOS palette (16-colors).

I have searched several DOS manuals, looked in Photoshop for a DOS palette, and
searched the web, but I haven't come up with anything.

The colors seem to be named as follows, and I have come up with some of the RGBs
(yes, the easy ones):

Black = 000000
Blue = 0000FF
Green = 00FF00
Cyan = 00FFFF
Red = FF0000
Magenta = FF00FF
Brown = AA5500 (I think)
White = FFFFFF
Gray = 888888 (I think)
LightBlue = ?
LightGreen = ?
LightCyan = ?
LightRed = ?
LightMagenta = ?
Yellow = FFFF00
BrightWhite = ? (or would this be FFFFFF and "White" is something else?)

I have seen the "Light___" colors also referred to as "Bright___".

Can anyone help me fill in the rest of the RGB values?

Thanks in advance.