Re: A Technical Writer by Any Other Name

Subject: Re: A Technical Writer by Any Other Name
From: Linda Castellani <castle -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 23:52:00 -0800

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Robert Plamondon wrote:

> My solution is to put "President" on my business card.

Once upon a time, back at my very first, entry-level tech writing
job with a very small software company, I asked what my title was, so it
could be put on my business cards.

My boss asked, "What would you like it to be?"

I thought for a moment, and said "Well, I've always wanted to be
Vice President."

"My wife is the vice president," he said. "How about Senator?"

So that's what went on my cards...