Re: writers to programmers ratio

Subject: Re: writers to programmers ratio
From: Barb Philbrick <burkbrick -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:24:34 GMT

>My instincts say, jog away from this one, 'casue these guys
>don't have a clue vis-a-vis the doc. process. I would like to
>cite to the head honcho of this outfit, some official-type
>stats re writers to programmers. Any ideas? A search of
>Michael Krigman's database yielded nothing.

Depends if you are going flat-rate or hourly. If you're quoting up front,
you should have a good feel for the number of hours involved. If you're
going hourly, well, you still might want to figure out the hours.

The other way to work around this problem is to work off-site. Then they
don't know who's doing the work - as long as the work is consistent and
you can talk knowledgeably about it. I don't take on-site jobs any more,
and myself and my employee do all the work, but the clients don't always
know which one of us is doing the actual work. If you go this route, make
sure you and your friend have a contract, or it's likely you won't be
friends by the time you're done.

Good luck -

Barb Philbrick