humor of the wordy type.

Subject: humor of the wordy type.
From: "PRADERIO, LAURA" <PRADERLA -dot- MCMURDO -at- MCMURDO -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:10:00 NZD

hello all,
a friend passed this along to me. nothing to do about antarctica-just
word craziness.
laura

"How I met my wife" by Jack Winter
Published 25 July 1994 - The New Yorker

It had been a rough day, so when I walked into the party I was very
chalant, despite my efforts to appear gruntled and consolate.

I was furling my wieldy umbrella for the coat check when I saw her
standing alone in a corner. She was a descript person, a woman in
a state of total array. Her hair was kempt, her clothing
shevelled, and she moved in a gainly way.

I wanted desperately to meet her, but I knew I'd have to make bones
about it since I was travelling cognito. Beknownst to me, the
hostess, whom I could see both hide and hair of, was very proper,
so it would be skin off my nose if anything bad happened. And even
though I had only swerving loyalty to her, my manners couldn't be
peccable. Only toward and heard-of behavior would do.

Fortunately, the embarrassment that my maculate appearance might
cause was evitable. There were two ways about it, but the chances
that someone as flappable as I would be ept enough to become
persona grata or a sung hero were slim. I was, after all,
something to sneeze at, someone you could easily hold a candle to,
someone who usually aroused bridled passion.

So I decided not to risk it. But then, all at once, for some
apparent reason, she looked in my direction and smiled in a way
that I could make heads or tails of.

I was plussed. It was concerting to see that she was communicado,
and it nerved me that she was interested in a pareil like me, sight
seen. Normally, I had a domitable spirit, but, being corrigible, I
felt capacitated--as if this were something I was great shakes
at--and forgot that I had succeeded in situations like this only a
told number of times. So, after a terminable delay, I acted with
mitigated gall and made my way through the ruly crowd with strong
givings.

Nevertheless, since this was all new hat to me and I had no time to
prepare a promptu speech, I was petuous. Wanting to make only
called-for remarks, I started talking about the hors d'oeuvres,
trying to abuse her of the notion that I was sipid, and perhaps
even bunk a few myths about myself.

She responded well, and I was mayed that she considered me a savory
character who was up to some good. She told me who she was. "What
a perfect nomer," I said, advertently. The conversation become
more and more choate, and we spoke at length to much avail. But I
was defatigable, so I had to leave at a godly hour. I asked if she
wanted to come with me. To my delight, she was committal. We left
the party together and have been together ever since. I have given
her my love, and she has requited it.

******End of Forwarded Message******