Re: Writers to Programmer Ratio

Subject: Re: Writers to Programmer Ratio
From: KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-Spokane-om2 -dot- om -dot- hp -dot- com
To: marners -at- corsair -dot- mantech-wva -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 97 08:40:18 -0700

Stacey,

Assuming you mean the HW/SW product design engineers are also doing
the writing of manuals for the user, then yes, I believe that is a
*bit* unusual.
That mostly happens in companies for whom the users are an
afterthought, and no one planned documentation for them. Your company
is probably different. Very small companies (<100 people) also tend to
have people fulfilling multiple tasks.

Are you a writer, or design engineer, or both, or what?

I have the luxury of working in a company making products for
engineers, and we have a paradigm of hiring engineers for almost every
position.

karen

Author: Non-HP-marners (marners -at- corsair -dot- mantech-wva -dot- com) at
HP-ColSprings,shargw2
Date: 1/20/97 5:46 AM

Our engineers ARE our writers. Is this normal?

Stacey