Re: military time terminology

Subject: Re: military time terminology
From: Lars Helge Semb <lhs -at- VINGMED -dot- NO>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 09:02:48 +0100

Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM wrote:
>Now, if you're meaning to use full military time, you should make sure it's
>in Standard Time, not local time, and add the word "Zulu" after it, as "1015
>Zulu."

You're right, you have to say 1015 Zulu, but here in Norway we also sometimes
use "1115 Alpha" (local time of 1015 Zulu).

Q: Does "Alpha" means one time ahead of "Zulu" or just that it is local time?

--Lars H.

Lars Helge Semb
- Technical Writer / Engineer
-- Vingmed Sound A/S, Norway
-- Internet (office): <lhs -at- vingmed -dot- no> - (home): <larshese -at- login -dot- eunet -dot- no>