Re: Word 7.0 template problem

Subject: Re: Word 7.0 template problem
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:48:03 -0800

Tom Tomasovic wrote:

> Elna et al:
>
> In noodling with the
> ContemporaryReport template, I found that (at
> least some of) the gray bars are graphics, not
> part of some style or other. If you click on the
> particular bar you want to remove, a series of
> small black boxes should appear around the bar.
> Once that happens, deleting the bar will make it
> go away. The same should also work if the bars
> are graphics contained in a header.

Several wrote me privately with suggestions along this line. I tried
every one of them, and that gray bar is apparently not an object. No
handles appear around it when looked at as text or as graphics. I can't
position the cursor on it nohow noway. <frustrated sigh>

There *are* bars used as part of the formatting for some of the heads,
Heading 1 in particular, and those are clickable. But those bars are
black, with reverse lettering for the head, and I could change the
shading on those just fine.

Where would one look for something that appears on an odd page only if
it isn't part of the page setup, isn't part of the header style, and
isn't an object?

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems