Printing HTML Source

Subject: Printing HTML Source
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <gfhayhoe -at- SCESCAPE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:23:42 -0500

Dawn Langley wanted to know how to print HTML source code from Netscape
Navigator.

The answer is you can't--at least not easily.

But the View Source option in Microsoft Internet Explorer displays the
source code in Notepad, allowing you to print the source, save it, or save
it to a new file name quite easily without cutting and pasting. (This is
particularly helpful when you need to tweak a page.)

Besides this feature and the fact that it is free, IE supports ActiveX as
well as Java, supports Cascading Style Sheets, and in version 3.01 includes
a task bar button that launches the source code in Word for editing (and
BTW, Word 97, which I just installed, has some pretty decent HTML editing
tools).

While I also use Netscape Navigator occasionally (especially to check how
my pages display with the current marketshare leader), these are some of
the reasons that IE is my browser of choice.

--George Hayhoe (gfhayhoe -at- scescape -dot- net)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: 803-642-2156
Fax: 803-642-9325
http://www.scescape.net/~gfhayhoe/index.htm