Question about Acrobat

Subject: Question about Acrobat
From: Jim House <jhouse -at- PCMC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:13:32 -0600

My online manual is made up of an index
sheet and 80 separate instructions. Each
index (TOC) item is linked to an instruction
using an "open file" link tool. When I am in
the instruction I envision the user pressing a
"hot" key (I think it is ALT-P) to print only
that document. I do this because I do not
want the operator to see or use the
Windows menu bar. I only want the Reader
tools to be available. I also do not put a
print tool link in the instruction because I do
not what to re-create that tool everytime the
instruction is changed or updated. My
dilemma then is that I want to jump back to
my index sheet so the user can pick another
instruction. Ideally I do not want to alter my
PDF instruction. If I do not have to create a
link tool in the instruction to go back to my
index sheet I'll try to avoid that. Bookmarks
do not link to other documents so those do
not seem to be a solution.

My questions are:

How can I link back to my index sheet
without altering the document with a link
tool?

Can I create a button on the reader bar that
with navigate me back to my index sheet?

I am a novice at using Acrobat, so please be
as explicit as possible. Any help is
appreciated.

Thank you.

Jim House