Database links to Intranet WWW Server

Subject: Database links to Intranet WWW Server
From: Amos Jessup <jessup -at- VISICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 07:27:56 -0800

>BASIS has a learning curve associated with it that is steeper than most
>products, but what you can do with it is truly impressive. And I firmly
>believe
>that the document database -- especially where it is coupled tightly with the
>editorial environment -- is the future of our profession.

Chet and others:

This is a heck of a setup, by the sound of it. Does anyone know other
applications (UNIX-centric) that can be used in a similar effort? We are
planning our internet and intranet links to (among other things) be able to
point to over thirty documents of software specifications and design
descriptions, etc. I would be grateful for any pointers. Network is HPUX
with one Mac, one Windows, and one lil ol Sunsparc2.

Amos