help in two locations...

Subject: help in two locations...
From: Chris Boehm <Chris -dot- Boehm -at- INEACORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 15:17:31 -0500

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or has a solution:

I'm working with a writer on a project who is in Montreal, and I am in
Toronto. We need to be able to occasionally update each other's help
projects. We'd like to do it electronically and 'check out' the other
person's project (so two people aren't updating it at the same time).
But, we don't have access to ftp, and the file is 29M (too big to email
on our network). Are there any suggestions, other than zipping files or
writing to a CD and sending FedEx?

How does one track this type of project? One person keep the 'original'
and the other paper edit?

We're using Windows NT/'95, HDK, and Word 7.0 if it matters.
Thanks, Chris