Re: "Good" Web Pages

Subject: Re: "Good" Web Pages
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 14:59:27 -0700

>Just to get you started, here are a few criteria of my
>own: Good Web pages (1) are easy to navigate, (2) contain
>timely and useful information, (3) contain mechanisms to
>measure their effectiveness (i.e., tracking features).
>What have I missed?

I thought this was a fair assessment. Good Web pages:

1) Provide useful information quickly
2) Provide links to other useful information.

Good Web pages also turn control over to the user and/or
allow the user to interact with the program. However,
this isn't always possible or appropriate for every page.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
QUALCOMM

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus