.pdf or .html?

Subject: .pdf or .html?
From: "PRADERIO, LAURA" <PRADERLA -dot- MCMURDO -at- MCMURDO -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 08:34:00 NZD

hello TCs!

i have a simple question:

we are in the process of going to web pages and i have suggested html and
pdf formats for our documents. i have told folks that html for docs used
primarily online but that would need to be printed occassionally and pdf
for docs that are used primarily in print, but folks want to navigate and
read online sometimes too. also, we have issues of security/not giving
out source so i thought pdfs would work well.

any other reasons why?

hey ya! thanks for all the help with other adobe questions, frame, word,
whining.... it's nice to be linked so closely with other tech writers
even if i am upside down.

hey-just a fun comment: at south pole, where all the lines of longitude
converge, the winter-over crowd (27 people who stay there without flights
or visitors from feb-nov) chooses which time zone they are going to use
for the long austral winter. kind of cool-i'd choose something along the
tropics no doubt.

graci,
laura praderio
mcmurdo station, antarctica
praderla -dot- mcmurdo -at- mcmurdo -dot- gov