Business Cards

Subject: Business Cards
From: John Bell <john_bell -at- C-STONE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:29:02 -0500

I have worked at companies where business cards for everyone was the norm,
and ones where business cards were only for people with client contact.
It is mostly a matter of philosophy that drives a company one way or another.
The ones that only printed business cards for people who had client contact
also had blank cards available. That way if I needed cards, I could
hand-write my information on them. Although not as fancy, it served the purpose.

One local company has GREAT business cards. Every person has two job titles:
one corporate-oriented (serious) and one personal (humorous). For example:
Pat Lee, Technical Writer, World's Greatest Chef.
I met some of their folks at an STC banquet a few years ago and the second
titles were hilarious. It is obviously a company that recognizes that people
have a life outside of work and have other interests. I wish my company
would do that, but the owner is really conservative about things like that.
(Our logo color? A dull red. Nothing too flashy.)

--- John Bell
john_bell -at- c-stone -dot- com