Re: Business Cards

Subject: Re: Business Cards
From: JON1700 -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 15:13:40 -0500

Robert makes some very good points on his response to your problem with
company business cards.

If your company will not give you cards, then tell them you will not
represent them at any meetings, or trade activities. List your own name as a
freelance technical writer with contacts with the company you work for.

Cards are inexpensive to buy.

Send a letter to your employer with the following:

1. Failure to give me the authority and status of a professional within this
organization results in my inability to represent this company in a
professional manner. I want a copy of this letter in my personnel record to
represent my view during any evaluation process.

2. Any works done by me outside of my paid hours, do not constitute the "work
for hire" claus of the US copyright regulations. I understand that any
research directed by myself or others within my paid hours with this company
will not be used in outside work.

3. The following changes in company policy will give me the professional
status that will allow me to represent __________.

1. Business Cards
2. Phone-Fax
3. Additional Staff -------etc.
4. Trade Shows, Conventions, Subscritions,----
5. Authority levels---

I think you may agree that the business card is only the tip of the iceburg.
Just a thought.

John Ufer, CET Sr.
Course Developer/Teacher
Tribal-Tech Gaming School