Re: I'm back... and I've got a question...

Subject: Re: I'm back... and I've got a question...
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 07:29:14 -0600

Bill Bledsoe wrote:

> Anyone have any thoughts on writing HTML to specific Browsers versus
> writing it to the 3.2 standard? I'm on the side of the standard... but
> I just wanted to get a "reading" on where this group was on this...

As with all things, it depends on the situation. In the project I'm
currently working on, we're writing to the standard because we can't
assume a specific browser or even a specific operating system.

If you've got a project where you know what browser will be used by the
vast majority of your readers, you should probably at least consider
developing to the browser and not the standard.

Chris
--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel

"Try? Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda