Platform of Choice

Subject: Platform of Choice
From: "Rodney A. Hoiseth" <roth -at- GOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:30:39 +0900

I've been lurking in the shadows of this list for a few weeks now and I
have a naive question:

Is there any particular reason the list presumes the use of Windows?

I don't have an axe to grind. I'm just curious about the significance of
comments such as [nothing personal, authors :-]:

"Many of my users are not computer or Windows-proficient."
"Sometimes I guess Microsoft is right..."
"Experience: Must be proficient in using MS windows applications...."
"I'll be giving a presentation at the Winhelp conference ."
"If you are using MS-Windows, change your default printer to ...."
"--WordPerfect 5.2+ for Windows experience .... a plus."
etc.

Do these indicate a prevalence of problems with MS & Windows, lack of use
of other OS's, preference for the Microsoft platform, or what?

In other words, what's the Platform of Choice for the users on this list --
DOS, Windows, Mac, Unix, other, ...?
Reply to me and I'll summarize; or reply to the list if you wish to share
with all the members....

Rodney
(in Hayama Japan)