Why Windows?

Subject: Why Windows?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:05:41 -0600

Rodney Hoiseth wondered about the predominance of Windows
on this list. Rodney, you'll find plenty of MacHeads
lurking in the bushes (me, ferinstance), but sadly, PCs are
the machines of choice in the _technical_ publishing
business. Macs seem most dominant in academic or
mass-market publishing, and are my platform of choice;
sadly, we don't always get a choice, and I use WinDoze at
work. Since the majority of the users of the list seem to
be technical writers...