ethics issue

Subject: ethics issue
From: DIANE BACKUS <backus -at- VNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:14:21 -0500

Hi

This ethics issue involves a technical writer, fairly young, who is working
for a consulting services firm on a W2 status. He is salaried. The company
outsourced him to a project at another company where his work is billed
on an hourly basis. Last week, he turned in his timesheet to his company
one day late. The company informed him that because his timesheet was 'late',
they would not be able to cut his paycheck until the next payroll run,
which is monthly. He has no employment contract with the firm that
stipulates he is paid based on revenues collected for his services.

Is it just me, or is this totally unethically, and possibly illegal?
I would love to hear from others on this, and especially from any
writers working for 'consulting firms'. I'd like to hear comments from
from management of consulting firms as well.
Thanks for the feedback.

Diane Backus
Backus Business Solutions, Inc.
backus -at- vnet -dot- net