Re: Duh? No perfect resumes from tech. writers?

Subject: Re: Duh? No perfect resumes from tech. writers?
From: "T. Mazza" <tmazz -at- KODIAK -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:43:49 -0500

> Let's say I injured my foot and it has to be cut off. Seeing I'm not a
surgeon,
> I hire an expert to cut off my foot, and give him the big bucks. If you're
the
> expert, performing surgery on my foot, but end up cutting my good foot, how
> could I ever trust you with my heart?

Lisa Higgins wrote:

Duh. You only have one heart, so they CAN'T cut off the wrong one!

So THERE. I win.

(At least I didn't post it to the list.)

Lisa.
___________________________

That's exactly my point, Lisa: I only have one heart (some don't even have
one!), I can't take a chance. If you're incompetent operating on my foot, I'll
hop around on my other foot for the rest of my life. If I let you work on my
heart, you might kill me. If you can't write a perfect ONE PAGE resume, how can
I let you kill my company's image by writing a shotty SEVEN HUNDRED PAGE manual
for my product?

I guess it all depends on our standards - some have very low standards, but I
happen to have very high standards.

--
(Our affluence has merely convinced us that possession, rather than decency or merit, should be our prime and ultimate goal.)

Theodora Mazza