Re: RoboHelp and Graphics

Subject: Re: RoboHelp and Graphics
From: Bill Bledsoe <Bill -dot- Bledsoe -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:57:59 -0600

Susan W. Gallagher wrote:

> At 02:11 PM 2/27/97 -0500, Susan Brown wrote:
> >Hi, Hi!!
> >
> > I am having a b**** of a time trying to get screen shots to come out
> >properly using Robohelp. They suggest using something called MRBC, but aside
> >from one mention in the help files, I have been able to find nothing else.
>
> MRBC creates multi-resolution bitmaps for help files. In general, you create
> two identical bitmaps, one hi-rez, one low-rez, then you use mrbc.exe (comes
> with RoboHelp and all the MS development languages) to combine them into
> a single graphics file. I believe the syntax is
>
> mrbc <lorez.bmp> <hirez.bmp>
>
> but I'm not sure. The help engine then automagically displays the appropriate
> graphic for the user's display type.
>
> Sue Gallagher
> sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
> -- The _Guide_ is definitive.
> Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Give Sue a cookie!!! She got the answer out first. That's what I was
going to write. Really isn't that hard to have the winhelp engine
compile and mrbc. I think actually, in RH 4 if you select the graphic
<or the ref text in the rtf> it gives you that choice as a right mouse
click... In previous RH versions... I think it is an option on the
graphic list dialog box.

regards...bb

Bill Bledsoe
Senior Technical Writer - CMS
St. Louis, MO
Bill -dot- Bledsoe -at- cms-stl -dot- com or intlidox -at- anet-stl -dot- com
webmaster: St. Louis Chapter - STC <www.stc.org/region6/stl>

"The Internet is the first thing that
humanity has built that humanity doesn't
understand," Eric Schmidt, CTO Sun 10/18/96