Re: Assumptions about abbreviations

Subject: Re: Assumptions about abbreviations
From: Don Smith <dsmith -at- ACCESSBEYOND -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 07:48:58 EST

Paula Puffer wrote:

"In light of the fact that someone else also had to ask about what an
abbreviation meant, and going on the assumption that not all people on
the list know the lingo, is there some way that a list of commonly
used abbreviations might show up in the FAQ?"

My question is, do we *really* have to use all of these abbreviations?
Are we all supposed to be "up" on your mnemonics, abb., etc.? If we
can take the time to spell it out to the reader of the list, perhaps
we don't time to do the posting.????

An often thought of mine.

Don