TW Seminar - Thanks!

Subject: TW Seminar - Thanks!
From: Gurudutt Kamath/Technical Writing Centre <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 00:51:52 +0530

Hello everyone!

My grateful thanks to all of you who responded to my request for
"marketing" ideas on the web and suggestions for the Technical
Writing Seminar.

The Seminar was a "success", I had 18 people turning up, 9 tech
writers and 9 freshers (students, etc interested in this field).

We, 19, have decided to approach the STC to have a chapter in
India, hopefully, with reduced rates. We are planning to meet
every month to spread the technical writing gospel. A book club
is planned, where each one will donate a book. My contribution
will be Elements of Style (Strunk & White).

Thanks to my reading this and other related mailing lists, I
could throw in words like "minimalist documentation", and
"estimated time for a page by Jo Ann Hackos is 4 hours per page".
Which must have suitably impressed a few. I also got an invite
from an American College to serve as an international technical
writing resource person -- which I am eager to serve.

Needless to add, I mentioned my debt to list such as these for
enhancing my knowledge on the subject. Similarly, the debt to
the net. Net is the new buzz word here.

Best wishes to all.

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
Technical Writing Centre, Mumbai (Bombay)
"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer
time." ...and a technical writer.