Browsing WINHELP / RoboHelp

Subject: Browsing WINHELP / RoboHelp
From: Susan Brown <sbrown -at- JSCSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 17:14:53 -0500

Hi, Hi!!

This is probably a question that has appeared before, but I find
myself (again) at a loss.

You all may remember a while ago that I asked for tips on
constructing a multiple document (for lack of a better expression) help
file. I am creating a help sytem for a piece of software that includes user
information, system documentation, design specification, and business
processes associated with the software.

I have identified several very probable browse threads. Where I am
running into trouble is that I need to be able to set the browsing so that
it is context sensitive. (If you got to Topic Y from Topic X, browsing
forward will go to Topic Z. If you got to Topic Y from Topic A, browsing
forward will go to Topic H.)

Another thing I want to do is, I suspect, a variant of that. Each
segment (user help, developer info, etc.) has it's own main menu. I wish to
set up browse string so that from the main help menu browsing will take you
through the 'main' menus for each of the different segments. However, from a
segment 'main' menu, I want browse to take the user through the main section
topics of that segment.

I am dreaming in Techicolor, aren't I??????

Susan Brown
JSC Systems

"Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you
come to the end: then stop."
- Lewis Carroll