Windows Screen Capture Tools

Subject: Windows Screen Capture Tools
From: "Tagader, Frank" <Frank_Tagader -at- JDEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 17:04:08 -0700

The new configuration of our product is creating some problems with our
screen capture process. We are using Collage Complete which affords us
the ability of making multiple captures and having the program
automatically strip out the color, reduce the color depth, convert to
the proper output format (TIF), and save and name the files according to
a pre-defined naming scheme.

However, with the new version of our product, Collage is "washing out"
the captures when you have a window on top of another window. Also, the
product features parent and child windows and Collage only recognizes
the parent window as the active window. There is no option for choosing
just an object window.

Paint Shop Pro is able to capture the windows without the washout, but
it is too time consuming to go in and change the colors/color depth, and
name and save each one. We need these options because the authors will
then write a script of how they captured each of the screens using
WinRunner and then run this script for screens in Japanese, Spanish,
Portugese, French, German, Italian, French, etc.

Has anyone encountered a product similar to Collage that we might want
to try out?

Frank Tagader
senior technical writer
J.D. Edwards