Piracy (was Take Dr. Seuss and ...)

Subject: Piracy (was Take Dr. Seuss and ...)
From: "Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <acreatyv -at- SATURN -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 21:12:13 -0500

>Will some good soul take this parody and put it on a URL,

It's been done -- by the writer of the parody:

www.gsm.cornell.edu/staff/gene/

Unfortunately, the "copy" recently on display was pirated.
Author, title, copyright notice, and top half were missing.
See the author's take on it all by checking his URL, or
you can ask me (off-list, please) about it if you're not
on the Web.

>then announce the URL to one and all.

It's been done, at least twice in the last few days.

So -- should we discuss intellectual property issues here,
or drop the thread?

Chuck Brandstater
acreatyv -at- saturn -dot- net
"Cogito ergo assume". - K. Lew