Re: Happy Egredior Day

Subject: Re: Happy Egredior Day
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 00:42:10 -0500

Susan Brown:
> A latin noun declension for you all
>
> pig
> piggo
> piggere
> squeeli
> gruntum
>
>I suspect a translation is not necessary.
>
>(You had to be there .......... Grade 10 Latin class)

Ahhh!

That reminds me of an assignment we had in Latin 101, which I took at age
40 just for the heck of it. We had a choice---either take a top-40 hit and
translate it into latin, or take a latin text and translate it into
idiomatic English.

My LIFE2 at the time involved singing in a local amateur chamber choir.
Our spring concert included the motet "O vos omnes". My translation of
this text began: "Yo, dudes!"

@Kat
MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing--Editing--Website development
katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
http://members.aol.com/mwrk/ (revised 3/1/97)
http://members.aol.com/katnagel/ (new 3/4/97)

"I just sit at the typewriter and curse a bit."
/Pelham G. Wodehouse