Re: STC Annual Conference

Subject: Re: STC Annual Conference
From: Garret -dot- Romaine -at- RADISYS -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:59:14 -0700

Garret Romaine -at- RADISYS_CORPORATION
03/07/97 08:59 AM

How did you manage to get the conference part in your negotiations with
the companies? I am sure lot of people would be interested in knowing how
to ensure that companies send you for such an important conference.

>>It's "The Power of Positive Pouting." The engineers were going to
embedded systems shows, touring Windows conferences, attending BIOS fairs.
Bringing back long trip reports on the trends in their industry. Well,
everyone needs training, right? Even tech writers? I just made a deal that
this would be my big corporate boondoggle for the year. For awhile...I
expanded it later to include tuition reimbursement...

It helped that I was active in my local chapter, and that my director had
been active in his. It also helped that I had several old proceedings in my
personal library, and I could show the cool topics we cover every year. But
mostly, it's the degree of enthusiasm you bring to the discussion.

garret -dot- romaine -at- radisys -dot- com