Re: Newsletter article re The List

Subject: Re: Newsletter article re The List
From: Gurudutt Kamath/Technical Writing Centre <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:30:03 +0530

Hello Charlie,

It is good to hear that you are writing an article on this list. If I can
provide any information let me know. Please quote me by name. More
detail about me on my page.

I would like to state that this list is almost a surrogate tutor for
technical writers like me in faraway India who do not have mentors. The
tragedy is that I am regarded as a mentor and tutor in technical writing!
But thanks to being on this and other lists for 5 months I have picked up
enough about technical writing. I think I have grown as a technical
writer more in the last 5 months than in the last 10 years! The web too
is another boon.

One of the most interesting observations for me is that problems are so
universal. The same questions are asked again and again. The same
problems are faced by technical writers from all over the world. Believe
me I have benefitted tremendously from being on this list. There are so
many business tips that I have learnt.

In fact, I have also been wanting to compile such an article but have had
no time. Best wishes for your article. Do send me a copy.

Hope this gushing is of some help for your article. Best wishes.

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
Technical Writing Centre, Mumbai (Bombay)
"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer
time." ...and a technical writer.