Hottest TechCom Topics Today

Subject: Hottest TechCom Topics Today
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:25:03 -0600

All right, techwhirlers, here's a chance to stir some productive
controversy. My STC chapter is preparing to hold a planning meeting in the
next few months and we'll be talking over subjects for the next year's
technical meetings. We cherish these meetings, all nine or ten of them.
They're our major drawing card, so we try to make them timely and solid.

Although we'll be brainstorming in the coming months, I thought I'd throw
the question open to the list. Just what subjects do you think will be the
hottest and most interesting in the coming year? What will we all be hit
with? I know in advance that some of the ideas won't appeal to the planning
committee, just because they're more interesting to audiences elsewhere. We
are in Indiana, you know. But maybe others on the list would benefit from
seeing them even if we can't use them.

You might try to be specific, too. "HTML" is obvious, too much so. Is "HTML
for Websites" more of a draw than "HTML for Help Files?" Or is it desirable
to actually have a meeting just about writing HTML in general terms?

How big is SGML? How much heat is being generated by DTP switchovers? How
about a meeting with nothing but Dilbert strips to pass around?

I'm leaving now so I can work on my crystal ball interface.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support