Re: Hottest TechCom Topics Today

Subject: Re: Hottest TechCom Topics Today
From: KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-SPOKANE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 08:51:39 -0700

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
Without a doubt, these are the largest issues I know of:

1) Producing information versus producing manuals
Our marketing department is just realizing that we are creating the
same knowledge several times to produce manuals, training, app. notes,
phone help, and customer visits. (TW is part of marketing here)
We are trying to figure out how to make an organization that creates
this info only once, then formats it as needed for the particular
application.

2) Usability of the product
We are dragging our design engineers kicking and screaming into the
world of usable products. TWs have a large part to play in creating
the information exchange between the product and the user. Defing the
TWs role is the challenge.

karen
karen_otto -at- hp -dot- com