Re: Getting the programmers to come to you

Subject: Re: Getting the programmers to come to you
From: Gillian McGarvey <gmcgarv -at- OVID -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:28:40 -0400

To: techwr-l @ listserv.okstate.edu
cc:

Is anyone else on the list bewildered by the fact that so many of us
suggest that we actually BRIBE programmers to do what should be part
of their job and give us the info we need to document the software?
Isn't it the job of management to instill a higher value of
documentation into programmers/developers and construct processes
that implement it? Aren't we just re-enforcing programmers'
lackadaisical attitude when it comes to working WITH tech writers by
coddling them with snacks?

Or am I just in the wrong profession? :-)

(Please don't flame me for my lack of a sense of humor. I am just
wondering if anyone else feels as I do.)

Gillian McGarvey

gmcgarv -at- ovid -dot- com