Re: Getting the programmers to come to you

Subject: Re: Getting the programmers to come to you
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:47:53 -0600

>I beg to differ. We Twinkies and Chee-tos lure a REAL programmers.
> ----------

I just went through a variation on the food ploy. Two Developers
claimed that either my instructions for implementing HelpContextIds were
incorrect or that the help file was defective. I was sure that it was
their coding.

Anyway, I told them that if it was my help file or instructions at fault
that they could have anything that they wanted from the vending machine.
If I was right, they had to review the help that day. They dug in like
two unattended dogs with an open package of Snausages (sp?). I came
back an hour later to see what they found. Their reply, "Looks like we
starve. We were compiling the wrong ODI file." I got the redlines that
afternoon.

Mike Wing

INTERGRAPH