Capitalization in headings

Subject: Capitalization in headings
From: Jed Clark <jed -at- AUTOSIM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:02:21 -0700

In an online help system, I use topic headings (titles) with a hyphen to
distinguish the type of information. For example,

Calendar attachments - editing
Calendar attachments - overview

Should the word after the hpyen be capitalized (because it logically comes
at the beginning of the heading (e.g., Editing calendar attachments))? For
example,

Calendar attachments - Editing
Calendar attachments - Overview

Complication: Some topics reference the name of a field (all uppercase) and
the file where it is located. For example,

RESTYPE - calendar attachment file
CALTYPE - calendar attachment file

QUESTION: Does this change the capitalization equation? I want to be
consistent. For example,

RESTYPE - Calendar attachment file
CALTYPE - Calendar attachment file

To avoid a lengthly explaination, I do *need* to make the distinction
between Editing and Overview topics, and specify the file where a field is
used. I put the Editing and Overview at the end of the heading to make it
easier for users to find the topics in the contents listing (i.e., I didn't
want users to have to scroll through 30 topics that begin with "Editing..."

TIA,
Jed