Re: Spelling out numbers above ten

Subject: Re: Spelling out numbers above ten
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 14:15:52 -0600

>The only case of spelling out numbers larger than 10 that I can think of
>is if they start a sentence. I try to avoid this case by rewording the
>sentence.

Don't forget about the names of companies and organizations that include
numbers, such as "Twentieth Century Fund" and "Big Ten Conference." There
are also company names that use figures for numbers smaller than 10, such as
3Com and 3M. Always spell an organization's name the way the organization does.

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
301 Oak St.
Quincy, IL 62301
217-222-9800
217-222-9844 Fax