Re: slamming

Subject: Re: slamming
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:27:08 -0800

When it comes to "slamming," I am pretty thick skinned. Unless someone
really launches into a tirade condemning someone and their mother in no
uncertain terms, I am not much bothered by it. It seems odd to me that
people would be so sensitive to criticism or the occasional rude comment or
bad name that they would lose the courage to post an opinion. This is an
email list, for God's sake, and most people don't even know who you are.
It's not like they called you a jerk straight to your face in front of
friends and family.

I will be the first to admit that I get carried away in email conversations
sometimes, here and elsewhere, and I do occasionally say things I wouldn't
say to someone's face. But all in all, I don't think I have ever said
anything deeply offensive, and I can think of only one post on this list
that was really abusive, and the author apologized.

A little passion once in a while makes things more interesting, IMHO. Let's
not become so sensitive to criticism that we become afraid to be
passionate. Anyone agree?

- tgr