Re: Creativity or Humor

Subject: Re: Creativity or Humor
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 08:55:49 -0800

At 08:07 PM 3/26/97 -0600, Barry House wrote:

>Nearly a decade ago, I was working on a manual that included a glossary of
>terms. The programming staff insisted on the following definition for
>"infinite loop": See Infinite Loop.

Aficionados of Vladimir Nabokov on this list will remember his _Pale Fire_,
a novel in the form of a 999 line poem with extensive "commentary" by the
demented John Shade and an index. If you look up "word golf," you are sent
to two or three other index items until you end up at "word golf" again.

--Wayne Douglass