Slamming

Subject: Slamming
From: Jennifer Kraus <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:58:43 -0600

I've been lurking around this list for a couple of months now, and I've been quite impressed with the level of professionalism. When I made my "for all intensive purposes" faux-pas a while back, the responses I got correcting my mistake were all very helpful and polite, and many people confided that they had made the same mistake at one time. I've been in writing workshops where people were presumptuous and downright nasty, and nothing I've encountered here comes anywhere near that kind of behavior.