Re: SI Unit Descriptions

Subject: Re: SI Unit Descriptions
From: Daniel Wise <dewise -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:36:25 -0600

Colleagues,

NASA used to have such a document. Maybe Elaine Firestone or someone else
who works for or with NASA can help me here. I think it was something like
SP-7012, or at least somewhere in that series of numbers. This was a way
long time ago, so that particular document may have been superseded by
something more up-to-date.

The advantage of this document is that it is readily available in the US
(some consolation for those in the nether regions) through the Government
Printing Office. Who knows, it may even be on-line at a NASA Website now.

I am sure there must be gobs of other resources, but this is one I am
familiar with. When I was working with it, it had conversion factors for
all the usual customary units. Today, if you have the proper software, you
don't have to exercise the calculator (or the sliderule as we did).

Thank Heaven we finally got rid of those awful stone tablets, too.

Dan Wise
dewise -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com