Re: novelist wannabes

Subject: Re: novelist wannabes
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:35:52 -0600

I can't quite see the difference between that kind of "experience" and the
kind of "experience" that leads other managers to conclude that women tend
to be "too vested in their families." Well, I suppose the fact that
aspirations are not legally protected means you can get away with it,
but...

Meanwhile, thanks for saving me the cost of a resume on my next job search.
I'm not interested in writing novels, but I do like to work among people
with a variety of dreams, some of which may not be to my own or
management's specifications. Frankly, working for someone who would search
out information of that type and exclude candidates from consideration on
that basis sounds horrible, and the explanation you give only makes it
worse.