Re: Word '97 vs. Frame 5.1.1

Subject: Re: Word '97 vs. Frame 5.1.1
From: maimino -at- CSNET -dot- NET
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 22:28:45 +0000

On 31 Mar 97 at 13:51, Fragnito, Vic wrote:

> A while back, a company called AstonTate did something similar with
> a product called DataBase 4. The product was not downward
> compatible and all DataBase 3 programs had to be redone and
> recompiled.

Actually, my first job was as a tech writer/dBase programmer. As I
recall, dBase IV was backward compatible with dBase III -- I don't
remember recompiling my dBase III programs, but then again, I don't
remember too much about that other beloved AshtonTate product,
MultiMate II, either (thank God). (I still have a copy, though.)

Mike